Saturday, May 12, 2012

Herb Marinated Chicken

I love to buy fresh chicken rather than frozen, but I am unable to eat it all without getting tired of it, or at the risk of it going bad! So, I have been researching some marinades where I am able to marinade the chicken while it is freezing, and then again while it is being thawed. I found this marinade on foodnetwork.com and added my own changes to it. And I must say, that all these spices together make for a perfect, tender chicken!

I also cannot wait until I start my own herb garden and I am able to explore more marinades! My Parsley and Basil are growing fantastically! It takes 10 weeks from a seed until a plant before you are able to cook with it, I am about 4 weeks in...its so hard waiting! :)


Herb Chicken Marinade

Ingredients

Directions

Put the vinegar, herbs, powders if using and oil in a large re-sealable plastic bag. Close the bag and shake to combine all the ingredients. Open the bag, drop in the chicken breast in the bag. Close and shake the bag to coat evenly. Freeze for up to 2 weeks.
Thaw in the refrigerator overnight, under cold, running water, or in the microwave at 30 percent power for 1 minute at a time.
Heat a grill or grill pan. When the grill is hot, place the chicken on the grill and cook for about 4 minutes per side, or until cooked through. You can also bake the thawed chicken in a 375 degree F oven for 15 minutes, or until cooked through.


I love wraps! and I made this one with the herb marinated chicken

for the wrap:

1 whole wheat tortilla
1/4 cup black beans
1/4 cup tomatoes
2 Tbsps low fat mozzarella cheese
4 strips chicken

Heat the tortilla, with the cheese for 20 seconds in the microwave. I added some crushed red pepper flakes. Layer on the beans, tomatoes, and chicken.

!Disfruita! (enjoy)

-sunshine :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment