Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Stuffed Green Peppers

 I LOVE to cook! and I was soo excited to make this when I got home from school...not that teaching quadrilateral classifications and Pythagorean therom is fun.....but I new I had a recipe, Dean Martin <pandora> and a bottle of wine at home! :) This was the BEST and I highly encourage making it!
 Here are all the ingredients! well the wine is for the cook! <hehehe>
 Cut the tops off of all the peppers... <you will use the tops for the rice mixture>
 The "inside" of the stuffed peppers.
1 cup brown rice
1 onion
2 tsp olive oil
2 links Italian Sausage
1/2 tsp oregano
 2 tsp Garlic Salt
1 tsp Italian Seasoning
Crushed red pepper <if you like it on the warmer side!>
-Preheat oven to 350-
I first browned the Jenni-o turkey sausage in the olive oil, then I added the veggies and spices.
I made the rice, then added it to the browned mixture.

Put a decent amount in each pepper....I only had 4 peppers, but the stuffing makes enough to stuff 5 peppers.
Bake for 30 minutes
when there are about 5 minutes left I added some low fat mozzarella cheese


Stuffed Green Peppers
<Changes I made are in purple>
1 cup brown rice <I used 3/4 cup cooked rice>
4 green peppers
1 onion
2 tsp olive oil
2 links Italian Sausage <I added Jennio Turkey>
1/2 tsp oregano
2 tsp garlic salt- I love cooking with garlic!
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp Italian Seasoning
Crushed Red pepper
1/4 cup mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 350
Cut the tops off of all the peppers
Saute onions, peppers <the tops that were cut off> and sausage in the olive oil.
While you are sauteing, cook the rice in a separate pot
Add all the spices
Add the rice
let the ingredients simmer for about 10 minutes
Stuff the peppers as full as you can!
Cook for 23 minutes
add the cheese
Cook for 7 more minutes!
Voila!

-sunshine

No comments:

Post a Comment