Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Cake Balls


This weekend I was able to take some time and do some baking!!!! The next thing on my list was to make cake balls!!!
First--set the ambiance...I couldn't decided which candle to light...so I lit both!!
Put a pot of coffee on, on this rainy afternoon and I am READY!! :o)

 OK first you bake a cake according to the directions on the box
I made sure to use parchment paper for easier clean up!
 Let the cake cool for about 15 minutes...
then cut into sections
 Pick up 2 sections at a time and rub them together so they crumble....
Once you get all the cake crumbled, mix it with 3/4 of a container of frosting of your choice!!! I chose vanilla cake with vanilla frosting.
 Mix it all together!!
 Form them into balls!!!
 Put them in the freezer for about 20 minutes...(freezing them will help when you roll them in the coating)
 Pull them out of the freezer and coat them with candy coating or almond bark!!! the coating will set fast so make sure you sprinkle each one after each dip!!!

Cake balls are so much fun to make! I am excited to make them again and try different flavors!!!

-sunshine

No comments:

Post a Comment