Saturday, April 28, 2012

Muffin Top Banana Bread

So I bought a new muffin top pan and I LOVE using it! It turns out fluffy, just like the best part of the muffin! and I think I found a new banana bread recipe- it came out delicious and fluffy! I have always grown up with chocolate in my banana bread! (Thanks mom!) This recipe also works if you use a banana bread pan, was very light and fluffy also! I doubled the recipe to try both.
One funny thing--when ever I house sit, babysit, or am at a friends house and when I pass by their kitchen and see brown bananas I secretly hope they do not throw them away. The best part of banana bread is using days old bananas that are over ripe. It is never manner-ous to ask what people do with their bananas but I don't want to see them thrown away when they can be made into delectable banana bread --and yes I am talking to you Stacey-- never throw away bananas and if you have the urge, just bring them to me and I will make you muffin tops or banana bread!! :o)


  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 bananas, mashed
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp kosher salt
  • 1/2 cup Chocolate chips (or maybe more!)
Instructions
In mixer, blend butter and sugar until creamy. Add egg and vanilla, beat until combined. Blend in bananas. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Fill cavities of muffin top pan half full (do not over fill). Bake in a 375 degree oven for 10 minutes. Remove and cool. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment